Contemplation

Bonkers Handmade Originals
Tencel 'n Merino (50/50)
Obscure Rainbow
The YarnBarn of Kansas - http://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/

Predrafted, February 2008

Singles, spun over the course of the last two weeks of March.

Measuring 86 wraps/inch...my first official laceweight handspun.

After meticulously winding into a ball and plying from both ends, the finished two-ply laceweight measures at 44 wraps per inch. According to my McMorran yarn balance, I have approximately 1,050 yards.

From the beginning, my plan was to turn this beautiful fiber into a beaded shawl of my own design. Now that the yarn is ready, I am letting this whole project rest for a while as I consider my options. This will be my first design project, and I don't want to muck it up!

Comments

Jenn said…
So beautiful! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I need to pick your brain for my first "real" lace project to start once kindergarten begins.

Popular Posts