Unfinished

 There is a sort-of-sad bag in my finish work basket.
 Inside is an absolutely wonderful baby sweater, which needs to have the ends woven in and the bands at all of the edges sewn down.
 Of course, there are also buttons to add.
 It's a beautiful stranded piece from one of my all-time favorite baby books, and I loved every single moment of knitting this project.  Plus, steeks are just fun!
 The poor thing has been sitting, though, since November.
 
You see..it was intended as a gift, but as I knit it I realized it was perhaps too much of a gift for this particular situation.  (I have a tendancy to want to go big...)  At the end of the day I just couldn't send it.  I've tried to match it up with other babies, but it never quite fit with any of them.
 
I always listen to what my knitting wants.

A few days ago, the baby sweater finally told me what it wanted...
 
...and what it wanted was to be carefully packed away for the just in case of a someday grandchild.  Given how young my girls are, that might seem a bit silly...but then life is little bit silly, and often unpredictable.
 
One of these days, when I'm in the mood, I'll do all of the finish work.
 
Until then...this is a piece that will sleep and dream.
 
Sirdal
Soft Treasures for Little Ones by Dale of Norway
US 0 (2.0mm) and 1.5 (2.5mm) needles
Knit Picks Palette - 3 skeins bark, 3.4 skein of tan, 1/5 skein of cyan
(All yarn purchased from a friend some time ago for $1/ball)
Sept. 23, 2013 - Nov. 11, 2013

Comments

Reika from Ravelry said…
Gorgeous work! It's just lovely.

Popular Posts