This is my Mandala Shawl.
It has some issues.
Let's take a look:
- This is my third attempt at this pattern. Versions one and two failed because there was too much variegation in the yarn I selected and it muddied the pattern.
- One of those early version was done with Malabrigo laceweight, which was a pain in the tush.
- It took another three years to come back to that pattern...
- I picked it up again as a way to ease myself into designing, given the choose your own adventure style of the pattern. What ended up happening instead was a lot of dithering and looking at what OTHER people have done.
- Seriously....I stressed about my selection way more than I should have. It wasn't fun.
- It's been sitting for months. I started it last July, and probably haven't touched it since August. This is a huge red flag with my knitting.
- The yarn is Zephyr. It's a fantastic working yarn..but if I'm honest, it's not my favorite.
- I have two other large Zephyr shawls that I don't use, which doesn't bode will for this one.
- I spilled coffee on it.
- This morning I worked on the foundation row of the pattern for the outermost section which has well over 1,000 stitches. Dude. I have two extra stitches....or am 5 short. That sucks.
- Am I using a return to this shawl to avoid working on my own shawl pattern? Good question.
- It's going to take forever to finish. There are lots and lots of stitches to go with the last section and the lace edging. I'm quite frankly not sure I care enough to continue.
Do I stop or do I go?
Whichever I chose, I need a definitive plan of action. I'm getting tired of it just sitting around!
What do you think?