Pattern by Rosemary Hill in 7 Small Shawls
1 skein Malabrigo Sock in Avril
70 grams size 6/0 seed beads
Addi Turbo, US 8 (5mm)
April 9-25, 2011
- Thank You to The Bead Browsery in Liberty, who came to my rescue with one last bag of the beads. Apparently this color has been discontinued, and it was a lucky thing that they had one bag left.
- I would actually have finished the shawl in less than a week had I not had to wait for the beads, though. It killed me to have to wait so long when I really only had a couple of rows left.
- I used a random number generator to place the beads in the garter section. I just don't do random on my own. You know this.
- My camera has always had trouble with purples...but surprisingly enough the color is fairly accurate in these photos.
- I love the color combination, but when it was done I knew I would never wear it because it just wasn't me.
- When I finally got around to washing it I had a lot of trouble with the dye bleeding. While this isn't that shocking for such a bold color, it was a surprise for this particular yarn. I've now made multiple items with Malabrigo Sock - all in dark colors - and this is the first time I've had trouble with bleeding. It took me six rinses before the water ran clear.
- And as soon as I had the shawl blocked out on my bed, I knew where it belonged! I don't think she reads my blog...but just in case...
- All in all, I had a lot of fun working this shawl, and that's what matters!