Buckets And Buckets Of Green Tea

This picture of baby Lila is apropos of nothing....

except that she's cute,





First, because it needs to be said:



  • There are very good reasons why I'm terrified of tornadoes.


  • I've become very good at hiding my fear as an adult so as not to frighten my children, but I can't deny that tornadoes are the direct cause of some of my greatest phobias.


  • With that in mind, the news out of Joplin this morning is both heartbreaking and terrifying. My prayers are with all of those who've been touched by this storm.


On to happier things....



Some crafting news:




  • I've been very focused on my Evenstar shawl, but I've hit a small snag.


  • I need to redo the edging so as to use up more of the yarn.....and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly what I want to do.


  • The problem? Balance.


  • A great lace shawl is designed so that all of the components are in perfect balance with each other. Evenstar already had that, and I don't want to throw it off.


  • I've made a shawl or two that proved to be unbalanced once blocked...and those don't live with me anymore.


  • I have finished spinning all of Willow's wool.


  • That's not as big of a job as it sounds as we lost a whole lot of wool in the horrible shearing experience.


  • It wasn't exactly pleasant to spin, and the finished singles are - well - 'rustic.'


  • Yesterday I spent a lot of time reorganizing and cleaning my corner of the basement. It wasn't horrible, and yet...


  • I've been feeling a bit stale in my creative life lately. When that happens a good, thorough cleaning usually helps to infuse some life into my work.


  • Interesting conundrum: In the spring and summer I prefer to wear skirts and dresses. I don't at all like how I look in capris or shorts. Unfortunately this is a problem as I am now hopelessly enamored of my drop spindles. It's just not ladylike to use a drop spindle in a skirt. What to do...what to do...

    Family:



  • We are getting a new dishwasher on Thursday.


  • You've no idea how happy I am about that!


  • There is some relief in the fact that school is winding down.

  • Normally, I look forward to the summer break with a sense of dread. This year, I am excited about some of the plans we've made for the summer!

  • Don't get excited - our plans largely include such interesting things as start menu planning, make the girls do set chores, clean out the garage, paint the bedroom....

  • Yep, I live a lifestyle to be envied.


One last thing:



  • I'm working to develop a new blog to deal specifically with my food allergies.

  • Why?

  • For starters, I really don't want to discuss my health issues in this blog anymore. This just isn't the place for it...and yet I really feel like I need an outlet somewhere.

  • I'm hoping to build this into a bit more than just a personal allergy blog. Who knows...down the road I could have guest bloggers....medical info links....recipes....

  • It is possible that I will by tying my new allergy blog into the Yeast Allergy Support Group I'm going to be building with the help of my allergist.

  • I will be sure to announce the new blog when it launches...but please don't feel like you have to read it. Honestly, it's for a completely different audience, and is likely to have a very different tone.

  • Why the seperation?

  • Because of some comments that were left on my Facebook page after a Green Woman post in which I was honest (but not upset) about some allergy-related problems I had had that week, I have felt for a long while that I needed to sugar-coat (no pun intended) my reality here on at Chez Green Woman. Not only has this sometimes translated into false cheeriness, but it has also been part of the reason why I haven't been blogging much for the last month.

  • I need to be able to be honest - no matter how angry or ugly the honesty may be at that particular moment - without having that honesty misconstrued or misunderstood.

  • Besides, the Green Woman is completely bored with the whole mess and would like to get back to the fun of making creative messes!


Have a great week everyone!

Comments

fleegle said…
She is Cute Overload!

Glad you and the Green Woman like my Crocus shawl :)
Leciawp said…
That photo is SO cute!

An allergy-related blog is a great idea - not because I think it doesn't fit into this space, but because it would draw others with the same or similar issues, and become a source of support and networking. Great idea!

Popular Posts