Modern Icelandic

I've gone back and looked through the blog, and this is the only finished project that was not documented.  My bad.  I actually adore this sweater.

I've always appreciated yoked sweaters for their place in the knitting tradition, but honestly I had really never envisioned myself knitting or wearing one.  I didn't think they would be right for my body type (I'm working on throwing out such 'rules' right now.), and even though I'd seen countless patterns I'd never found one that spoke to me.

Never say never!

Yoked sweaters were all the rage in the knitting magazines from late 2017 into 2018.  Modern colors and updated styles...you guessed it, I fell head over heels in love!  As you know, I don't often knit sweaters for myself, and I usually don't jump on a pattern as soon as it's published...but that's exactly what I decided to do.  After all, I could have a new sweater for Valentines Day!

I've actually worn this sweater multiple times, and I do love it.  It's the perfect sort of everyday sweater, and it suits me quite well.  The color combo is one I don't really usually wear, but for whatever reason it suits me quite well.

Unfortunately,  I've never taken the time to actually take good pictures of my sweater, so all I have to share are a WIP pic and some random candids.

Modern Icelandic
by Lars Rains, published in Vogue Knitting
Valley Yarns Northampton (purchased as kit from Webs)
6 skeins medium grey, 1 skein garnet, 1 skein bright pink
Assorted needles in US 6 (4mm) and US 8 (5.0mm)
January 18 - February 13, 2018

Pattern notes:  It was super quick and easy to knit.  The only alteration I made to the pattern is that I didn't the collar and tack it down.  I understand it would be sturdier that way, but I like the mini mock turtle look.  Had enough leftovers to make a mini-me sweater for my niece!



Comments

Popular Posts