Two More Under The Tree




Heart To Heart Beaded Scarf
by Sivia Harding
Dream in Color Smooshy Cashmere, Cocoa Kiss
size 6, silver lined gold beads
Addi Turbo, US 3 (3.25 mm)
June 23 - Nov. 12, 2012
For Emily, my Mother In Law

This is actually a special request.  Emily fell in love with the Heart to Heart scarf I made for myself a few years ago, and eventually I asked her if she would like one for herself.  I did have trouble finding just the right yarn as she requested a 'soft black' like that is used on some of the MU Tiger clothes.  I knew what she meant...and it took some time to track down a yarn that was both the right color (not black, not grey, something in between and not at all harsh in tone) and was also soft enough to wear next to the skin.  The Cocoa Kiss was a rather inspired idea, if I do say so myself, and the yarn is delectable.  The beads were a perfect match for my MU loving Emily!  I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.
 

 (This first picture is a terrible shot, but the color is accurate in it!)

Lyrica Euterpe
by Rosemary Hill (Seven Small Shawls, Year 2)
Frog Tree Pediboo, 2 skeins Raspberry
Addi Turbo US 8 (5.0mm) (I think....whoops)
Nov 23 - 28, 2012
 
Lyrica is one of three small shawls/scarves that will be starting their journey through the US Mail tomorrow to three very special women.  The other two shawls - my Daybreak and my Celeano - have been patiently waiting in my shawl drawer for their perfect homes for quite some time now.  I'm very excited to be sharing all three...and when I do my Christmas round up I'll tell you where they all went! 
 
I do want to make a note about the yarn.  Pediboo is a sport weight yarn that has a bamboo weight.  As much as I like the drape of the finished shawl (and think it's a perfect fiber for the climate it's going to) I have to say that I didn't enjoy working with this yarn at all.  It felt oddly heavy and slick - but not in a good way.  Bamboo just isn't my thing...but then I bought the yarn for the incredible color (which I wish had photographed better) and not for the fiber content!


Comments

Popular Posts