Kiera

 What I would like you to know about Kiera is that she had a choice.
She could have allowed the abuse she endured as a pup to ruin her life....
 or, she could choose to let love, patience and kindness heal her broken heart.
 She chose love.
She chose love each and every day for the 15 1/2 years that she was a part of my family.
 She was the sweetest, most gentle, most trustworthy dog I've ever met.
 Kiera was even the kind of dog that even cat people liked.
  Most of all, though, she was mine...my heart, my soul, my shadow, my constant companion.
On December 20th, I wrote on my FB wall, "This may sound a bit silly, but one of my Christmas wishes is coming true with the snow today.  Knowing that my sweet Kiera dog is not likely to see another winter, I've been hoping that she would be able to play in the snow again before she goes."
Two days later I had to say good bye.

Godspeed my sweet dog, and Thank You.

Comments

You and she were very fortunate, very blessed. I wish I had known her. That's a wonderful tribute; you touched my heart.
Bonnie said…
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Popular Posts