Just Because

 A few months ago I fell down the rabbit hole, losing an entire afternoon to browsing Ravelry for tea cozy patterns.  I drink a LOT of tea, and had been wrapping my tea pot in a tea towel...which is clearly unacceptable when you are a knitter and are perfectly capable of making an actual tea cozy.
I'm not sure what I expected to find when I searched Ravelry for tea cozy patterns.  To my utter delight, I was completely charmed by page after page of whimsical tea cozies.  As it would turn out, they are the perfect vehicle for creativity.
My original intent was to find a pattern that worked with yarn that I already own, but when I discovered that there was a kit available for the Retro Tea Cozy - and I mean, what could be cuter than a sweater for a tea pot?! - and then when that kit proved to be on sale for a very reasonable amount....well, it was meant to be! 
Retro Tea Cosy
By Charlotte Walford
Yarn purchased as kit from Fyberspates.com
Fyberspates Scrumptious DK, 1 skein natural and two mini skeins, slate and biscuit
Addi Turbo 24" circulars, size US 6 (4.0mm) and US 2.5 (3.0mm)
March 2-3, 2019

This was a very fast and easy knit for me, and it was a complete delight.  I absolutely adored the yarn, and am very sad to hear that it's no longer being made as I'd hoped to use it again in the future.  It's just nice to do a project once in a while that is super fun and super quick!  The fact that this is something I will use often and will get to enjoy...even better!

Comments

Popular Posts