Christmas Knitting

When you have loved ones who actually ASK for handknits, and will actually USE what you give them...you knit them gifts for Christmas!  


 Mason, my sibling, asked for a scarf!

Nope, the design isn't anything fancy - just a garter stitch rectangle with a slipped stitch edge.

When you make it with handspun, though, which just happens to be in your sib's favorite colors...then it becomes something special! 

Knit Dec. 7-8, 2018
I managed to not record any details (maybe a size 7 or 8 needle?) and I can't find the details for the fiber (pretty sure it's merino and something else...probably tencel.)  Bad knitter!




Hilary wanted a hat, so I took the opportunity to make up a hat I've wanted to knit for ages!  Hilary is forever on my favorite list because I've seen her wearing it many times since Christmas.  You can't just ask for a handknit...you have to actually use it, and Hilary does!

Baa-ble Hat by Donna Smith
US 6 (4.0 mm) and US 7 (4.5 mm) 24" Addi Turbo needles
Knit Picks Palette held double - from my never ending drawer of Palette, with labels that have long-since disappeared.
Knit Dec. 29, 2018


I indulged myself when it came to my niece...

I knit my sweater last February, and there were plenty of leftovers...which gave me an idea. 

I gotta admit, I'm pretty pleased with myself for this one.  I love my niece more than anything, and it amuses me no end to have matching sweaters.  Her parents thought it was adorable too!

Wee Copycat:
Seamless Yoke Basic Sweater, Child  by Ann Budd
Inspired by Modern Icelandic by Lars Rains
US 8 (5.0mm) needles - 24" Addi Turbo and Knit Picks DPN's
Valley Yarns Northampton: Med. Grey, Bright Pink, and Garnet
Dec. 1-7, 2018


Much, much love to my beautiful family, for indulging this Knitter's love language by asking her to make something for them.  Means the world to me!


Comments

Popular Posts