Something Green

I wanted to knit something green for March and St. Patrick's Day. 
 
This lovely, old-fashioned thing was just the ticket....and I had the perfect pairing of yarn and beads in my stash.
 
Funny thing, though.  When I was about half way through knitting it, it whispered that it didn't really belong to me.  It was really meant for my mom. 
 
Sunflower Blanket
by Andrea Jurgrau in New Vintage Lace
2.3 skeins Knit Picks Shadow
20 grams matte silver 8.0 beads
Knit Picks Addi Turbo, US 5 - 3.75 mm
February 17 - March 7, 2016
 
As is typical...the color was really hard to capture in pictures.  The closest is this first picture with my mom, who was kind enough to humor me by modeling even though she really wasn't feeling all that great that day.  (Thanks mom!)
 
My one regret.  I had five skeins of the yarn, and I had really hoped that it would turn out to be much bigger than it did, because I'm kind of fond of gigantic lace pieces as they tend to be a smidge more versatile to wear.  I do like the way it knit up, though, and really wouldn't want to have used a bigger needle.  Granted, I have enough yarn left to make a second project, and that's nice.
 
The leaf edging is curious.  The stitch count more than triples, which makes it a tad difficult to properly block.  I personally think the leaves would be prettier if they could be pulled tighter...but then again, this gives the edge lots of stretch and a slightly ruffled look that is pretty as well. 
 







Comments

It's lovely, and amazing. I'll bet Pam loved it...
Unknown said…
absolutely gorgeous...Melodie & Gram

Popular Posts