The Spider Queen

The Spider Queen*, by Hazel Carter
Blackberry Ridge Thistledown
3 skeins, natural
Addi Turbo, 3.0 mm - 36 inch circulars
April 27 - November 3, 2014
Modifications:  border done in the round to eliminate seams, number of repeats in edging increased, and edging knit on.

I believe I've already done a fairly thorough job of documenting the trials and tribulations of this project, so for now I will let the pictures speak for themselves and I'll simply say....

All is forgiven, I'm in love.













*Many of the eliments found in this piece are drawn from the story that accompanies the pattern.  Carter does not say if it's an original story or if it's of Shetland origin.  As it's uncredited, I am uncomfortable sharing it with you here.  However, in the closeup photos you will see spiders, webs, necklaces, crowns and trios of flowers that are all important parts of that story!

Comments

margene said…
I am in awe!! You have one of the most amazing shawls and it shows your dedication to the craft of lace and you're ability as an accomplished knitter. Excellent, truly excellent.

Popular Posts