Something A Bit More Exciting About Socks....Part 2!





Rhea Silvia
by Sara Morris of Rose City Knits
(Ravelry download)
2 skeins Colinette Jitterbug in Velvet Leaf
US 4 (3.5 mm) addi turbo circs
when flat - 11 inches wide, 28 inches long
January 4-18, 2014
 
First - the color is actually a gorgeous deep forest green.  My camera does have trouble with saturated colors, especially on days like today with questionable light.
 
Second, Gillian politely declined acting as model today....which is a shame, because I would have loved to show off the many ways this piece can be used!
 
Finally, this is my first cowl, and I am head over heels in love with it.  The fabric has the perfect drape - being neither too loose or too stiff.  The combination of cables and lace is super-fun, and was a major draw for me.  It's just perfect.  It's big enough that I can double it around my neck, using part as a hood (which I'm rather fond of doing) if I like.  Very, very in love.
 
It's a keeper!

Comments

Popular Posts