Working Myself Out of the Stagnant Pond

Knitting lost much of its appeal this summer.
Or rather, it went flat...stagnant...dull.
I still wanted to knit, but nothing was interesting.
So, I stopped trying so hard and went back to my own version of mindless, practical knitting.
Socks.
 Three fresh pair, all for me! 
 
The pattern is, of course, Ann Budd's basic sock pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns.  All three are knit with Knit Picks Harmony DPN's.
 
 My Camp Woodland Hills socks - so named because they were started while the girls and I were at reunion this summer and rather serendipitously remind me of the colors of the Campground - the trees and the shadows and the winds.
 
Size 0 needles (2.0mm)
72 stitches - 23 rows 2x2 rib and 50 rows stockinette in leg, 62 rows stockinette in foot
Zwerger Garn Opal Schafpate, 3157
June 8 - Sept. 3, 2013
 

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock, Lightweight, Lucy
Size 1 needles (2.25 mm)
68 stitches - 43 rows 2x2 in leg, 50 rows stockinette in foot
Sept. 4 - 11, 2013


 
Also Socks That Rock - Lemongrass
same specs as Lucy socks
Sept. 12-24, 2013
 
I feel better now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How do you make those socks so small? What is the stitch count and do they actually fit a baby?

Popular Posts