Aeolian At Last

 Aeolian Shawl, by Elizabeth Freeman
in Knitty.com - Spring 2009
Claudia Handpainted Yarn - Silk Lace - 1 Skein, Jungle
US 4, 3.5mm Addi Turbo 36" needles
May 16-June 22, 2013
 
Modifications:  Due to yardage, I had to eliminate the last purl row and could only use a single strand for the bind off edge.  It makes for a slightly more delicate look around the edging flowers...but given that it's silk I don't have to worry about its fragility.  Given that, I literally only had two feet of leftover yarn.
 
I may write more about the project at another date...something on the nature of finally completing something I've wanted to do for a very long time....but for now, all I will say is that it is a truly lovely shawl, and I can't wait to wear it!










Comments

Shelda said…
Beautiful, and beautiful bead choice! It's always so stressful to end up with such a wee bit of yarn left over. Glad you made it!
Unknown said…
Your shawl is absolutely gorgeous! I love the variety of stitch patterns. I'm a fellow knitter myself, but nowhere near your skill level yet. I just learned how to purl, weave in ends, and sew seams. Your work inspires me to keep advancing. :-)

Popular Posts