Playing Catch Up

 Sean thinks he looks silly, but I LOVE this picture of the two of us!
I took it on Sunday with the help of my wee tripod.
Yay us!  13th anniversary, coming up soon!
 
Let's get right to it today!
  • There are lots of things that I should be doing right now, but really all I want to do is take a nap.
  • I love sleep. 
  • It's a good thing....and one that I've been rather short on for the last month or so.
  • We shan't discuss the whys...they are all rather ridiculous anyway.
  • SO.
  • All you need to know for now is that I'm super tired, and feeling a bit of a writer's block because of it.  Ergo, this post might be stranger than usual. 
  • I went to my 20th high school reunion last Saturday.
  • I've been trying to figure out how to write about it....and find myself at a complete loss.
  • Which isn't like me. 
  • Seriously, I can generally write about anything I want. 
  • However, it escapes description so we shall just leave it for now.
  • The one thing I can tell you is that the experience confirmed one of my most closely held beliefs - a little kindness costs you absolutely nothing and may mean the world to someone else.  I am honored to have been on the receiving end of several kindnesses pertaining to my reunion over the last few weeks.
  • And heck, my hair is red again thanks to the reunion!  Wouldn't go without my favorite color!
  • I quite successfully survived my month on the autoimmune protocol!
  • In fact, I'd go so far as to say I THRIVED on my month of the autoimmune protocol!  Yay me!
  • I did take two days off so that I could have some dark chocolate and try the pumpkin pucks that I've been making for the family.  Given the massive headache I had yesterday as a result, I would say that I'm pretty sure I'm done with cheating.  So not worth it anymore!  However, those pumpkin pucks are AMAZING!  You can find the recipe in Eat Like A Dinosaur by the Paleo Parents.
  • So yes, my body LOVES the autoimmune protocol, and I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future. 
  • The picture above actually speaks volumes.  If you compare it with other pictures from the last 10 years or so, I look like a completely different person.  In addition to the clear skin and obvious weight loss, I look brighter, and more energetic...certainly happier. 
  • My husband and I went to Watkins Mill Saturday morning.  My plan was to walk the trail at a leisurely pace.  What actually happened was that I ran part of it.  It was soooo much fun, and I felt amazing the rest of the day! 
  • This is what you are supposed to feel like after exercising...which leads me to believe that I'm on the right track.
  • Also, I inadvertently did an intermittent fast leading up to that run.  I hadn't eaten for 17 hours prior to hitting the trail (not at all planned), and in fact actually felt better running than I ever had before.  If I needed any more proof that I've switched to being a fat burning beast...that was it!  (Paleo folk will know what that means.)
  • I'm supposed to be knitting Christmas gifts. 
  • I want to be knitting on the scrapbook blanket. 
  • A compromise will need to be reached soon.
  • I should probably be spinning as well, but quite frankly I don't have much interest in that at the moment.
  • Perhaps if I get caught up on my sleep....
Like I said, it's a bit of a strange post.  I'm trying to get back in the habit again because I do miss regular blogging.  In fact, I might even have - gasp - some ideas!

Comments

Bet you can imagine how BIG my grin is!! YAY, girl!
Leciawp said…
Love this picture of the two of you!

Popular Posts