Sean thinks he looks silly, but I LOVE this picture of the two of us!
I took it on Sunday with the help of my wee tripod.
Yay us! 13th anniversary, coming up soon!
Let's get right to it today!
- There are lots of things that I should be doing right now, but really all I want to do is take a nap.
- I love sleep.
- It's a good thing....and one that I've been rather short on for the last month or so.
- We shan't discuss the whys...they are all rather ridiculous anyway.
- All you need to know for now is that I'm super tired, and feeling a bit of a writer's block because of it. Ergo, this post might be stranger than usual.
- I went to my 20th high school reunion last Saturday.
- I've been trying to figure out how to write about it....and find myself at a complete loss.
- Which isn't like me.
- Seriously, I can generally write about anything I want.
- However, it escapes description so we shall just leave it for now.
- The one thing I can tell you is that the experience confirmed one of my most closely held beliefs - a little kindness costs you absolutely nothing and may mean the world to someone else. I am honored to have been on the receiving end of several kindnesses pertaining to my reunion over the last few weeks.
- And heck, my hair is red again thanks to the reunion! Wouldn't go without my favorite color!
- I quite successfully survived my month on the autoimmune protocol!
- In fact, I'd go so far as to say I THRIVED on my month of the autoimmune protocol! Yay me!
- I did take two days off so that I could have some dark chocolate and try the pumpkin pucks that I've been making for the family. Given the massive headache I had yesterday as a result, I would say that I'm pretty sure I'm done with cheating. So not worth it anymore! However, those pumpkin pucks are AMAZING! You can find the recipe in Eat Like A Dinosaur by the Paleo Parents.
- So yes, my body LOVES the autoimmune protocol, and I'll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.
- The picture above actually speaks volumes. If you compare it with other pictures from the last 10 years or so, I look like a completely different person. In addition to the clear skin and obvious weight loss, I look brighter, and more energetic...certainly happier.
- My husband and I went to Watkins Mill Saturday morning. My plan was to walk the trail at a leisurely pace. What actually happened was that I ran part of it. It was soooo much fun, and I felt amazing the rest of the day!
- This is what you are supposed to feel like after exercising...which leads me to believe that I'm on the right track.
- Also, I inadvertently did an intermittent fast leading up to that run. I hadn't eaten for 17 hours prior to hitting the trail (not at all planned), and in fact actually felt better running than I ever had before. If I needed any more proof that I've switched to being a fat burning beast...that was it! (Paleo folk will know what that means.)
- I'm supposed to be knitting Christmas gifts.
- I want to be knitting on the scrapbook blanket.
- A compromise will need to be reached soon.
- I should probably be spinning as well, but quite frankly I don't have much interest in that at the moment.
- Perhaps if I get caught up on my sleep....