Reading in October

Ahem, a slow month....we had a LOT going on!

2019 Reading Goal: 77/80...SO CLOSE!

1.  Miracles and Other Reasonable Things, Sarah Bessey - I adore Bessey, and her books have been of immense help and comfort to me.  I've spent much of this year wrestling with the notion of unanswered prayers as it pertains to my health, and when this book arrived it proved to be exactly what I needed.  Bessey's life situation may be very different than mine, but her experiences in many ways mirror my own.  I'm grateful to her for sharing her story in such a vulnerable way.  I'm carrying it with me as I continue to navigate my own journey.

2.   Big Fit Girl: Embrace the Body You Have, Louis Green - This book has been on my wish list for ages and ages, so I finally checked it out from the library.  I love Green, and I love this book for the much-needed positivity it brings to the world.  It was more of a beginner book than I needed, so I did skim parts of it pretty quickly.  However, as a solid back of the pack runner who LOVES the diversity she finds in that group, I read this book with a "Hell YES!" in my heart and gratitude for every single person who shows up even though we don't "look like" athletes. 

3.  The Art of Theft, Sherry Thomas  - Ohmylord, I do love the Lady Sherlock books.  This one focused a bit more on Charlotte's sister Olivia than I would personally like, but it was still a treat.  I certainly hope Thomas keeps going with this series for a while.  Her Charlotte is so different than any of my other favorite book heroines, and I just adore her. 

Unfinished: 

1.  The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien - This is an amazing book, and quite frankly the writing is some of the best I've experienced in quite some time.  I understand why it is on so many recommendation lists, and why it's being taught.  It just also happens to not be my particular cup of tea, and given how limited my reading time is anymore I just don't believe in pushing through books I am not interested in or am enjoying.  This is one of those books, though, that I'd like to come back to later when I have more time. 

Comments

Popular Posts