Inside Columbia Magazine



On April 20th of 2008, I squashed the fear bug and turned to my computer to start a blog.  Green Woman Comes Knocking - named from a piece that I wrote decades ago - became an outlet for me to share my creative endeavors with the world.  The blog has gone through changes over the years, but at it's heart it's always been a place for me to talk about my knitting and spinning.  I take great pride in being, "the one who makes all the beautiful things," as one of Mom's friends recently dubbed me.  

This is what I do.  It's who I am.

My dear friend Carrie Koepke has been writing for Inside Columbia, a local magazine, for several years now.  Earlier this year she asked me if I would like to be a part of an article she wanted to write about all of the amazing things you can do with wool.  Quite naturally, I said yes.  (The fact that she wanted to feature my Princess Shawl had a lot to do with that - but truthfully I would do just about anything for Carrie.) The interview and photo shoot were a lot of fun, and I really loved learning about the needle felting art of Carrie's friend Kate McKenzie, which would also be featured.  

The article was published in the October issue, which was released this afternoon.  As I've been looking forward to this for months, I made a special trip into town today to pick up a copy.  It was everthing that I had hoped it would be - beautiful pictures, a warm and sweet story that pays tribute to all that I love about the fiber arts world and the type of people you find in it. 

....and then I realized that Carrie had shared my blog address at the end of the article.

In hindsight, I'm laughing at myself for being so surprised by that little detail.  Silly me, it's a completely natural thing to include!

Which is why I'm here this afternoon, to welcome anyone who read the article and decided to check out my blog.  

Welcome, and Thank You so very much for visiting!

If you are new to my blog, there are a few things you should know:
  1. The blog has been through many changes over the years, so if you look through the archives you will find all sorts of experiments.  In addition to posts about crafting, you will also find posts about my family, monthly book reports, stories about my parents' flock of sheep, personal essays about running and my allergies, and crazy lists that used to make my readers fear for my sanity.  It's been fun!
  2. Seven months ago I went back to work after 14 years of being a stay at home mom.  Unfortunately, I've had little time to knit since then - and even less time to blog, which is why it's been very slow this year.  I haven't at all given up on my blog, and am working really hard to figure out how to once again find time for the things I love. 
  3. I miss writing!  I've many ideas rolling around in my noggin, and this just may be the kick in the pants I need to get started again.  Please check back to see what happens next!

If you are an old friend, thank you so much for all of your support over the years.  You've no idea how much I appreciate all of the kind words when I've shared my thoughts or my work with you.  You've been a joy, and I hope we can continue on together!


.

Comments

Popular Posts