March Book List

1.  Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walter - I took a wee cue from last month and decided to continue on with a few books that made Best Of 2012 Lists.  Read this book.  You won't be sorry.

2.  The Orphan Master's Son, Adam Johnson - I wish I had enjoyed it more than I did.  It was really good, but not really fun to read....if that makes sense.  Mostly it opened a door on a world that was so completely foreign to me as to be alien, and I'm not at all blind to the fact that the timing with world events was eerie. 

3.  Tiny Beautiful Things, Cheryl Strayed - Most of you already know that Strayed is the author of the wildly popular memoir, "Wild."  What wasn't at all known until fairly recently is that Strayed was the force behind the popular advice column "Dear Sugar."  I've never read anything like this before...I laughed, I cried, I couldn't put it down, I felt her words deep in my bones.  I have a feeling I'll be rereading this book often.

4.  The Wool Omnibus, Hugh Howly - I have to thank a friend of mine for introducing me to Howly and his amazing work.  Howly's work came about through rather unconventional ways, and in fact you can still get the first story in this series/book - Wool - for free online.  You're probably going to want to kick in for the whole thing, though, as you won't be able to stop with just one!

Comments

Popular Posts