Saying Good-Bye Is Hard To Do

 Let's pause for a moment to acknowledge the awesomeness that was my 50th pair of handknit socks. 

Sigh.

Socks aren't forever, and normally I can let them go with ease....but this kind of hurts.

You see, this was the very first sock yarn I bought.  Not knowing, exactly, how much yarn I needed to knit a pair of socks, I bought two skeins of Opal instead of just one.  My dad was the recipient of my very first pair, and years later I celebrated a milestone by using that second skein to knit my 50th pair for myself.

And today they gave up the ghost.

Sigh.

All good things come to an end, thank you beloved socks for years of awesome warm, comfortable service to my tootsies.

Comments

I wear my Kristin socks for special occasions! Can't stand for them to wear out... <3

Popular Posts