This is love.

Our family by choice expanded recently with the birth of a very special wee one...a tiny girl who's already brought great joy into the lives of all who know her.

Her Mae Mae is my sibling by choice...someone who I love with all of my heart...someone I chose because of the light they bring into the world. 

Her Mama is a beloved friend...the sort of person you want on your side...another light bearer who makes me smile and who reaches out to me when I stumble.

We can't do without either one of them.

And so, of course, their baby...my niece...needed something very, very special.

 The dress was supposed to be a jumper, but after consulting with my mom, I decided that wasn't a good idea.  A dress will fit longer, and it's also a whole lot easier to deal with when diapering a baby!  I totally winged it, using several other baby dress patterns as a guide....and I'm sad to say that I didn't take notes.

 The color...a great favorite in their home which I lucked into thanks to the internet.  I managed to find a store which not only carried this discontinued color (which was a much better match than the currently available blues), but also had it on sale for almost half price.
I did something unusual (for me) and made the set in a newborn size.  If she never has a chance to wear it...well, I'm sure I will knit her something else.  Sometimes you need to tuck away in a special place a reminder of just how tiny they were.
I've made several things from my Dale baby book, and I've never been disappointed.  The patterns are sublime, and the finished pieces are heirloom quality.  This set was such a joy to knit.

 Permemor Infant Set
by Dale of Norway
Dale Baby Ull, 2 skeins white, skeins turqoise (discontinued)
US 0 (2.0mm) and 1.5 (2.5mm) Addi Turbo 24" circs
February 10 - March 18, 2017
 Welcome to the world, little one.

We are so glad you are here.




Comments

Popular Posts