And Now For Something Completely Different!

Some years back, I fell in love with this style of simple stitch markers.  That wire ensures that the marker doesn't disrupt the stitches because it's so very fine (making them also perfect for so much of the fine work I do), they don't snag or catch on anything, and they move easily on the needles while you are working.  

At the time, I bought a bunch from an Etsy seller.  They were gorgeous, but they didn't last.  I was sad/annoyed about the whole thing.  They weren't super expensive, but I had certainly hoped they would last longer!

I also purchased a set at one of our LYS's, which was made by the daughter of the shop owner.  Just out of curiosity, I duplicated one of the stitch markers with materials I had on hand.  You know what?  All of those markers are still on hand, still gorgeous, and still functional.

The last of the Etsy markers died recently, which meant I was down to five...which is clearly not enough. 

For whatever reason, I got the urge to make some more this week.

Voila!

I had the wire and beads on hand, although I did have to purchase some crimping beads.  My BKB loaned me her crimping tool as mine has gone missing since I last used it.  (To be fair, I can't remember when that was....)

Problem solved!





Comments

They're pretty AND practical!
Elka said…
those are pretty stitch markers. I recently saw a set on Etsy and was considering getting some but went with the usual ring.

Popular Posts