Best of 2014

'Cause you know I can't end a year without one of THESE posts! 

Best Books:
Wow, this was a tough one.  I read a lot of really, really good books this year.  Instead of doing a top 5 (truth...couldn't choose) I decided to do a best book of each month..or two or three...seriously, it was tough.  I read a total of 143 books this year!

Jan: Longbourn, Jo Baker / The Dog Stars, Peter Heller
Feb: The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion
March: eh.  nothing on this list stood out enough to warrant the Best Of List
April: Redefining Realness, Janet Mock / Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
May:  All The Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr / Dept. of Speculation, Jenny Offill
June: Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
July: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, Gabrielle Zevin
August: The Call, Yannick Murphy / The Poppet and the Lune, Madeline Claire Franklin
September: Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel / The Bone Clocks, David Mitchell / My Real Children, Jo Walton (sue me)
October: Bellman and Black, Diane Setterfield
November: We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler
December: Just Mercy, Bryan Stevenson / The Book of Strange New Things, Mickel Faber

 
Best Knitting:
Not going to lie, this was not my best year for knitting/creativity.  In fact, I was actually a bit shocked when I went over my Ravelry page and realized I had only completed 11 projects this year.  My average is 26.  Wow.  True enough, I started an additional 8 projects, and at least three of the projects I worked on were major.  But still....11 is kind of pathetic.  (My husband's sweater would for sure have been a favorite had I finished it on time...)  Here are my favorites:
 

Best Moments:
(and yes, I have a goal of getting Sean into the pics more next year.....)








 
 

Comments

Popular Posts