In My Heart...and In My Drawer


As most of you know, I occasionally tuck one of my lace shawls in the mail and send it off to its forever home.  I LOVE doing this, and have never once regretted the gift...especially as it is usually the case that the knitting has told me where it wants to go.
 
Once in a while, though, a recipient expresses concern that I might be giving away all of my work.
 
No worries.
 
This picture is of the contents of my shawl drawer, which I emptied out yesterday so that I could do my spring refolding/reorganization of my lovelies.  As you can see, I've kept quite a bit....and this isn't everything!  Another two are on display elsewhere in the house, and the Princess is - quite naturally - carefully tucked away in a special box.

The grand total?

I have kept 20 shawls and six scarves, and I have three more full shawls on the needles right now.

Of those, only three or four *might* eventually leave for new homes.  I've considered it, but only one has begun to speak to me about where it might want to go.

The rest are beloved pieces, and will be staying forever.

A quick perusal of my Ravelry page shows that in the last 11 years I've knit approximately 60 lace pieces from scarves to shawls, the vast majority being full-sized shawls, and I have additional entries for another 15 unfinished pieces.  I am prolific, and while I have loved making each and every item I have absolutely no use for that many shawls.  It is one of my great joys in life to be able to share their beauty, and I love to think about them bringing happiness to others when I send them out in the world as I treasure the ones who've stayed behind.


Comments

Popular Posts