Last night my church had a lighting ceremony for our brand new peace tree.
Isn't it beautiful!
Let's get right to it today, shall we?!
- I feel a need to knit silly little Christmas ornaments this year.
- I'm trying to resist that urge.
- I really love knit toys and such, but goodness...they are so fiddly!
- And yet...I'm spending copious amounts of time on Ravelry looking at knit ornaments....
- My kingdom for buttons! I have not yet shared a finished project post for my Mesmeric sweater because I can't find any stupid buttons that will work for it!!!
- We do NOT have a large selection here in town, and they need to be tiny.
- I had ordered what I thought would be the perfect solution from KnitPicks...but they were backordered.
- I'm hoping to find buttons before Christmas, because I'd really love to wear this sweater then.
- Speaking of clothes. (sort of) We have a family photo shoot lined up for Saturday, and so I have until then to come up with coordinating outfits for all of us. This is NOT my forte.
- Seriously...clothes are stressful for me.
- Also stressful? Shoes. The search for winter shoes which fit has begun again.
- I am not hopeful.
- My feet will be cold for the next few months as I will be surviving in Birkenstock sandals and handknit socks....which is a lovely combo, but isn't quite warm enough for our weather.
- Christmas! Yay!
- I'm seriously considering a significant break from Facebook for the holidays...as in deactivating my account for about two weeks. I'd thought about shutting it down for the entire month, but there are reasons why I just can't do that right now. Time away would be good for the soul, I think.
- And it would help me be more present for my family, which is a good thing.
- Time is running out on the stash knit down of 2015.
- No worries, it shall continue in to 2016.
- There are definitely things I'd love to knit that will require purchasing yarn. It can be frustrating to want badly to make x when you don't have the right materials, but at the same time I am enjoying very much the process of making due with what I have.
- And, it's allowed me to make some really fun things.
- And I definitely feel good watching the stash go down.
- It stresses me out to have so much yarn sitting around, not being used. There's a lot of money tied up in there!
- Will absolutely be continuing on the stash knit-down next year. Bet you anything I can get through most of the stash by the end of next year!
- A side note....will 2016 also be a year of spinning down the fiber stash?
The knitting is calling...time to run.
Have a great week everyone!