- Tune in tomorrow to see the above item!
- Hint - the yarn is handspun, and now that I've done a project with my handspun I feel like chucking all of my store-bought yarn in favor of only working with handspun from now on.
- Just kidding!
- I have some nice yarn...yarn which must be used.
- Confession time.
- After managing to stay on my allergy diet for six weeks following the diagnosis, I made the very poor decision to eat what I wanted through the holidays. I will not bore you with the details of my struggles since then. Honestly, I am fairly sick of the whole topic myself!
- The one thing I will say, though, is that I feel like I've been grieving. After all, I lost a lot.
- But I gained a whole lot, too, and I'm happy to report that I've been 'clean' for the last week, and I feel amazing!
- I have learned some things. I now can pinpoint which foods cause which reactions, and I fully understand why I'll never be able to cheat on this diet. I also have a new found sympathy and understanding for people who fight addiction problems.
- There will be an essay soon..and then I promise to shut my trap and not mention any of this anymore!
- One last thing -I went looking for a food allergy magazine, and discovered one called "Living Without."
- You've got to be kidding me.
- I live in a college town where Spring Break is practically a religious institution...right up there with Christmas.
- Normally, this annoys me.
- However, this year we are planning on going to see my parents so that we can play with the lambs all week.
- I have to admit that the thought of a week where someone else is mostly in charge is a fabulous thing. I see lots of knitting, spinning and reading.....
- My poor husband has to stay home and work.
- The wrinkle - my parents both came down with some sort of nasty bug last week and are currently trying to fight it off. We were supposed to leave today, but are now in a holding pattern until they are well enough for company.
- Vacation curse on our family? I think the facts speak for themselves.
All for now!