- My name is still Rufus, but the tall girl named her piggie "Rudolph" (He's the one with three colors.), and the small girl named hers "Fireball."
- I think I came out of that with the best name!
- The big human (the mother) has gotten very good at giving us our antibiotics.
- Yep, the day after our two-week guarantee ended we came down with sniffly noses.
- Fireball never got sick, but we felt that fair was fair.....besides, the mother kept muttering things like, "Safe, not sorry."
- Homemade jam is a great way to hide antibiotics from us. We quite enjoy jam.
- I am feeling much better now. I am glad the mother is related to someone called a "veterinarian."
- I am training the mother to let me sit on her desk while she works. She is a fast learner, and today made me a hidey hole on the desk.
- She keeps smiling and telling me how 'cute' I am.
- I am not cute, I'm handsome and dignified.
All right, I think Rufus has hijacked the blog for long enough. Back to his cage! I have some things I want to share as well.
- The girls and I are indeed heading to my parents' farm for the New Year weekend. My husband is staying home to enjoy some quiet time.
- Normally we go to St. Louis to spend the holiday partying with our college friends. Back in the day, I was actually the one who started the tradition, and we hosted until shortly after we moved into our current home.
- This year, I'm just not in the mood for it. I love my friends, but I can do without the noise, the drinking, the overnight stay and the drive. Plus, the allergy diet would make the whole thing a pain.
- So we're going to go visit the sheep and the llamas....and my parents, of course. We'll be attending a party with some family friends I haven't seen in a while, but we probably will leave early so that we can get the girls to bed at a decent time. I'm looking forward to it all immensely!
Of course, that means that this morning I'm going through my normal crazy craft packing....silly me. I'm going to take:
- Town & Country, so that I can finish it!
- Fiesta Feet and a basic pair of socks.
- Daybreak....because there isn't any excuse to keep avoiding it.
- Some homespun and beads to start a new shawl.
- And perhaps my January socks for the Serious Sock project....if I can figure out which pair I want to do in January.
- The felt food kits because my Mom has a bazillion spools of thread and I do want to match colors.
- Some fabric for Mom to help me make a small knitting bag. (Ahem....I might beg and plead for her to make it.......)
I thought about taking some spinning and my quilt pieces, but that would just be silly.....
There is one extra project that I will be taking, but it is a bit of a secret for now. I will share it with you in the first post of the New Year!
Confession time, I LOVE New Year resolutions...even if I rarely make them because I also think they are silly. We'll discuss that paradox later. Anyway, I thought I would share my goals for the upcoming year with you as this is likely to be my last post of 2010.
In 2011 I will:
- Be back in the gym 5 days/week.*
- Stick to the allergy diet as best as possible.*
- Work towards my knitting goals....those mentioned in the last post.
- Try new things.....have more fun....spend more time with friends....basically, learn to expand my life to live it to the fullest now that old problems have been resolved.
- Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- There are a couple more, but they aren't for public consumption. Nothing outrageous, though.
*Yes, I realize these are hardly resolutions as the first I've already proven I can do long-term and the consequences of breaking the second are ugly. Oh well!
Have a Very Happy New Year!